Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shooting blind?

Last sunday I went walking around Chinatown with some friends for a photowalk, but this time with a little challenge, for the whole morning of shooting I should not rely on the LCD to check the exposure and the white balance, and instead just focused on what is happening around me, it's a discipline I have neglected for quite a while but it's something I hope to bring back and teach other shooters.

After shooting we headed off to fill our tummies, rest our legs, and chit chat, me of course am excited to check the shots, these are the shots that came out, no edits, just resized. I'm happy.



Quick fix
You!

Press delivery
Ready the pastry
Meat man


Looking the other way
Sidewalk light
Alley figure
I took this one so that I can read his shirt later on,
I gave up after the first line...


Some new friends?


I'm good!


Crack and Splash!

 Look at my wares
Three sisters
Candles for sale
Happy mom
Twin Candles
Shoot up!
 
At first I felt like I was shooting blind, but after seeing the shots it gave me an extra boost in confidence and a different mindset in shooting. This is something I'm gonna practice regularly.

Shooting blind? I guess not :)

Ok, the last shot with the cat I already had the LCD cover off so it does not count, but I like it so I thought of sharing it anyway :)

1 comment:

  1. The second photo with the magazine stand is at the corner of our parish! :)
    Great shots! Looking the other way and Alley figure are my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete